Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cream Cheese Chicken

This one was fantastic! The last one, published way back in August...not that outstanding.

Crock pot needed!

Some chicken (frozen or not) - I used 2 large boneless, skinless breasts
1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I used chicken)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 cup Chicken broth
1 packet of zesty italian seasoning
1 package of cream cheese

Place all ingredients but cream cheese into a crock pot on low for 6 hours (and that will depend on the size of your crockpot because apparently the power went out on mine and it doesn't automatically come back on, but things were still pretty cooked...so I have no idea how long it actually took).
After initial cook time expires, remove chicken and shred (I really don't enjoy shredding chicken, so I just cut mine up into smaller pieces).
Return chicken to crock pot and add cream cheese...stir around a bit and cook on high for 30 minutes (I did an hour to ensure cooked chicken based on power outtage and it was fine).

While chicken is cooking for that last 30 minutes, cook some pasta - I used whole wheat penne - and serve chicken over pasta.

So good! So flavorful! So easy!

erin

No comments: