Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 12th--Erin

Okay, so here we go...this is day 3 for me, but here was yesterday:

6:20am - 20 minutes of zumba workout...let's face it, more than 20 minutes, and I'm likely to sleep in instead...this gets me moving, sweating, heart rate up.

Breakfast - low fat vanilla yogurt/blueberries/wheat germ

Lunch - salad. I go for those "salad in a bag" things, you can get good kinds like southwest style or harvest. They have fun little additives like dried fruit/nuts and taco chips/salsa. On the 12th, I enjoyed some Harvest salad and a piece of cornbread (no butter).

Snacks - small bag of pretzels, raw almonds/crasins

Dinner - fried brown rice...I made this myself and to the brown rice I added: 4 eggs (I made a ton), salt/pepper, garlic powder, onion, soy sauce, cut up pieces of chicken I had left over from another dinner. It is delicious!

So there, I did include a recipe of sorts!

Fried Brown Rice:
Prepare rice (it doesn't have to be brown)
Transfer rice (which can be a bit undercooked) to a skillet with hot veggie oil and fry it a bit
Make a space in the middle of the rice to crack in your eggs. I made 2 cups of rice and used 4 eggs because I like to have lots of egg in my rice.
Crack eggs in, scramble a bit, then mix in the rice.
Add in a splash of soy sauce, and sprinkle in some garlic powder, salt/pepper, other spices you enjoy.
Add chicken and mix all together...allow to warm a bit.
Enjoy!

No comments: