Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 14th/15th -- Erin

Zumba at 6:15am (Harrison decided we should get started a little earlier today)

Breakfast-
Today I enjoyed some Smart Start Antioxident cereal with blueberries on top.

No morning snacks...though I will add that I do allow myself one cup of coffee with flavored creamer in the morning. I only use about 1 Tbsp of creamer and no sugar.

Lunch-
I had a lunch meeting today, so I took the rest of my salad from the day before and a small bag of almonds and craisins...it's the snack of champions, really. There were chocolate reese's candy hearts strewn all down the table at my meeting so I told myself I could eat one at the end of the meeting. I knew if I started them at the beginning, I would get that taste in my mouth and need many more. I did indeed have 1 at the end and I made it last 3 bites. I watched one lady with a horrible back pain keep reaching to get more and more candy, each time, wincing and sometimes even gasping in pain. I thought, is the candy really worth all that?

After I got back to work I was really needing some kind of caloric stimulation, my body felt so hungry...so I had a square of cornbread.

Dinner-
Nothing was really made, I had a bit of leftover fried brown rice left, so I ate that. Knowning that wouldn't do, I also hastily ate 2 slices of Danny lunchtime frozen pizza.

I had one more small bowl of Smart Start cereal that evening, before 7pm. I don't think I ate enough food at dinner...well, I shouldn't have eaten those pizza slices because while they are not like eating a Dairy Queen blizzard, they are pretty much empty calories as you don't stay full unless you eat an entire frozen pizza and that's way too much.

As of today, Jan. 15th, I am out of salad and almond/craisin snack packs...so I'll have to get creative.

I did exercise this morning...I REALLY didn't want to and I was almost convinced that taking a day off was okay, but I'm not sure what kind of exercising I'll get done over the weekend, so I got up and did my 20 minutes.

Breakfast-
I returned to my 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 Tbsp. wheat germ delightfulness.

I had my morning coffee.

Lunch-
I am going to eat my lean cuisine ravioli lunch as I have nothing else ready to go.

Dinner-
I am going to have Danny get our pork loins out of the freezer and I'm going to make those, with a bit of apple butter marinade (so delicious), more rice, and salad.

Not sure what I'll do about snackage...going to try to avoid it entirely today, perhaps with a pretzel fall back if necessary. I only rely on my fall backs if I am experiencing my low blood sugar episodes when I get dizzy and my arms feel really heavy. Then I must spike it with some kind of food.

So there's my long-ass blog!

No comments: